Born an only child into the Sayyadrahim family, she was named Masoumeh – “free of sin.” This name could single handedly personify her 86 years of triumph on earth.
She lived her life as though she was born to help and comfort others selflessly and to give and not to receive. She was a beacon of light that touched the hearts of everyone who crossed paths with her. She was a fierce warrior to any challenge life had planned for her: raising three boys alone while her husband was serving the country? No problem. Raising her daughter while going to school to get a higher teaching degree? Piece of cake.
– a devoted wife of 67 years to Nader Vahdatipour, through hardship and happiness alike.
– a graceful mother to Hamid, Saeed, Madgid, and Mojgan.
– a beloved teacher and principal to school full of 1600 rowdy boys.
– a culinary artist that left everyone wanting more.
– a craft wizard skilled with knitting, crocheting and sewing. She could replicate any outfit just by looking at a magazine image.
– a special lady with a bottomless supply of love in her heart.
Just like all of the other challenges life threw at her, she fought dementia with all her might. Towards the final days, even though the disease had savagely degraded her mind and body, she was determined to show that it could never take her humanity, as her final spoken word was GHORBOONET – “I die for you, my love.”
She was a giver to the end.
Rest in peace Mother, as it is time for you to be happy and get showered with love and light for eternity.
Masoumeh is survived by her loving husband, Nader, son Hamid Vahdatipour and wife Pam, son Saeed Vahdatipour and wife Suri, son Madgid Vahdatipour and wife Cindy, daughter Mojgan Khashayar and husband Amir. Also she is survived by grandchildren Charles Vahdatipour, Stefanie Vahdatipour Stogsdill, Sam Vahdatipour, Sara Vahdatipour, Michelle Vahdatipour McKenna, Michael Vahdatipour, Sahar Khashayar, and Parisa Khashayar. She was also blessed with 9 great-grandchildren: Chase Gifford, Shelby Gifford Martin, Emma Gifford, Abby Vahdatipour, Benjamin Stogsdill, Everly Stogsdill, Arya Stogsdill, Madison McKenna and Maya McKenna.