With the belief that every life deserves ceremony, we offer both classic and modern ceremonial options with cremation.
Below are examples of ceremonies that families choosing cremation can have. If you have questions or your own ideas about how you would like your ceremony to look, we invite you to call one of our funeral arrangers to discuss the right event for you.
- Public or Private Visitation
- Funeral Ceremony
- Memorial Ceremony
- Graveside Ceremony
- Memorial at Sea
- Attended Cremation and Processing
We cater to the customs and rich traditions of all faiths and cultures. Our staff is deeply specialized and knowledgeable and will ensure that your ceremony is given the sacred space and touches that make it so significant.
Funeral or Memorial Ceremony
Families can choose to have the casket or urn present at the ceremony. Some families choose neither and hold the ceremony without the casket or urn. These tend to be more structured, traditional gathering times for a speaker to share, there are songs or readings, and video or photo memorials played.
This is an incredibly intimate and unique ceremony offered to families who have selected cremation. Individuals accompany their loved one as they approach the time for their cremation. Attendees are able to see their loved one placed into the cremation chamber and can participate in the beginning of the process.
Scatter at Sea
Many families in Orange County choose to scatter at sea because of their happy memories and love of the ocean. We charter a special boat for your family and friends to take out to the place of scattering. On board families often toast to their loved one, place flowers on the water, share memories and say goodbye. We have special urns designed for this unique ceremony that can scatter the remains or eco-friendly vessels that slowly sink and biodegrade over time.
Our staff is knowledgeable in all faith traditions and customs so we can attend to each specific ceremony with detail and thoughtfulness. If you are not affiliated with a faith community, we have certified funeral celebrants to preside at your ceremony.
What is O’Connor Mortuary’s Trusted Cremation Process?
One of the most important components in your choice of cremation is to know who owns and operates the crematory. Because we control all aspects of the cremation process, you are ensured of the highest standards of honesty, accountability, and trust from our superbly trained, licensed staff. Knowing your loved one never leaves our care will give you that much-needed peace-of-mind.
We believe that transparency and accountability in a cremation provider are essential. The standards of care that we have in place exceed California Law requirements and the standards of most other providers.
Not all providers can make the same promises to you about the treatment and verification of your loved one. Please click here to learn more about the Twelve Questions to Ask About Cremation to ensure you have a provider that you are comfortable with.
- Highest Standards – Our family philosophy is to set standards for every aspect of cremation that exceeds the State requirements as well as those of other cremation providers.
- Our Crematory – We own and operate our own crematory located at our Laguna Hills facility for the exclusive use of the families we serve.
- In Our Care – Once your loved one is in our care, they remain safely at our facility until the urn is returned to you or brought to the ceremony location.
- Peace of Mind – We require all of our families to provide a recent, color photograph for a positive means of identification of their loved one. Three of our staff members will positively identify your loved one prior to cremation.
- Quality Assurance – We have a checklist of 50 line items to which we adhere before, during, and after the cremation process, to ensure the quality and care of every family we serve.