On this calendar, you will find a complete listing of our upcoming webinars, workshops, and grief education-related events.
Through the calendar, you can RSVP for an event and find out if there are Continuing Education Units being offered and if they apply to your discipline.
For more information on any of these events, please contact our Director of Grief Support & Education, Becky Lomaka at BLomaka@OConnorMortuary.com or 949.581.4300.
Candlelight Service 2023
« All Events
Hospice and Clinical Professionals Lunch and Learn with Dr. Hoy
February 13 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Free
- Making Sense of the Complexity of Grief: Complicated Grief, Prolonged Grief Disorder, or Something Else? (Clinical Professionals)When the American Psychiatric Association codified Prolonged Grief Disorder, the response was swift. As they had been during the years of contemplating the new diagnosis, some clinicians rejoiced at the opportunity to finally “code” what they had been treating for years. Others feared the worst—a rush to pathologize normal grief and the entrance of Big Pharma to create a “grief pill.” In this fast-paced workshop, we’ll untangle the truth of how grief gets complex, and more importantly, how any professional can discern what is a helpful response versus unhealthy coping.Objectives. At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to…
- Describe the three components of complex grief responses
- Effectively use the criteria for Prolonged Grief Disorder if it is necessary
- Deliver appropriate treatment and support responses to complex grief responses
- 2 CEUs available for Nurses