Mary Louise Perez, 84, born December 28, 1936 in Orange, California and fell asleep in Christ September 11, 2021.
Mary was preceded in death by her mother Lucille Gomez and brother Frank Quintero as well as her husband Rudy Perez and grandson Kenneth Perez.
Mary attended Valencia High School where she played the trumpet beautifully in the marching band. Married Rudy Perez on September 11, 1955 at the age of 18.
Dedicated her life to serving the Lord with her beautiful voice as a devout Catholic Cantor and lector for several Catholic churches in the Diocese of Orange. Mary dedicated her time to her prayer life with several rosaries and prayers each day as well as attending daily Mass and fulfilling the spiritual and corporal works of mercy faithfully.
A devoted mother of 6 children, 10 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren as well as a spiritual mother to countless others.
Mary was also a proud Pechanga Silver Feather and traveled the world with the Seniors from her native tribe and it is fitting that her final cantoring position was at St. Michael’s Catholic Church on the Pechanga Indian Reservation.
- Date & Time: September 26, 2021 (3:00 PM)
- Venue: St. Joseph Catholic Church - Santa Ana
- Location: 727 N. Minter Street Santa Ana, CA 92701 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: September 27, 2021 (12:30 PM)
- Venue: St. Joachim Catholic Church
- Location: 1964 Orange Avenue Costa Mesa, CA 92627 - (Get Directions)