Why You Should Plan Ahead
By taking time now to plan your own arrangements you will be protecting your family from having to make these decisions at a time of great emotional stress.
In today's busy world we are constantly reminded to plan well for our future. It's possible that you have already prepared your living trust and planned your financial estate, set up a retirement account and maybe started a college fund for your children or grandchildren. All this will insure that those you love will be well taken care of if anything should happen to you. How important is it then to plan ahead for an inevitable need?
Planning your funeral and/or cremations services in advance will not only give you control on how you will be remembered, but will also lift the burden of those difficult decisions from your family, allowing them time to support one another, share their memories, and begin their journey of healing. Please contact one of our Family Service Directors at (877) 872-2736 to schedule an appointment for a free consultation at one of our 3 convenient locations, or in the privacy of your own home.
To see a virtual tour of our Laguna Hills Chapel & Crematory, click here.
The Benefits for Planning Ahead
- Your Family - Without a doubt the most important reason for making arrangements in advance is to spare your family the financial responsibility of doing so. This certainly reduces the stress for family and friends at an already emotional time.
- Saves You Money – Funding your arrangements in advance through an independent funeral insurance policy, secures the cost at today’s prices and guarantees that those costs for services and memorial products will never increase.
- Let’s Your Wishes Be Known – You may have specific wishes as to how you want to be memorialized. Advance planning will allow you to let your wishes be known for the type of funeral or cremation arrangement you want and will lift the burden of those difficult decisions from your family.
- Fully Transferable Insurance Policy – Should you move out of the area, your funeral insurance policy is fully transferable to a mortuary of your choice in another city, state or country.
- Travel Plan – Should your death occur while you are traveling anywhere in the United States or abroad (100 miles from your residence) our Travel Plan will guarantee to file the appropriate paperwork and transport you back to O'Connor Mortuary. This will spare your family the logistics of arranging transportation and legal paperwork, saving them thousands of dollars.
We all want to think that there is plenty of time to prepare. But like any future need, being well educated will provide you with the insight to make good decisions without undue stress and un-wanted spending. The benefits are significant but the peace-of-mind you will have is priceless.
Ready to get started?
Request a personal appointment with Family Service Director. Please contact us by clicking on the link below.
Record your personal information to be kept on file at O'Connor Mortuary. For assistance in completing this online planning process, please contact us by calling (877) 872-2736